CHEETOS® FLAMIN' HOT® Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies
Jazzed up with chocolate, these holiday gingerbread cookies are sweet, spicy and FLAMIN' HOT®!
- 1 cup (250 mL)
- 2 cups (500 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cocoa powder
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cloves
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground ginger
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) molasses
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) turbinado sugar
How To Make
In food processor, pulse CHEETOS CRUNCHY® FLAMIN' HOT® Cheese Flavored Snacks to make fine crumbs (you should have about 1/3 cup/75 mL crumbs); set aside.
In bowl, sift together CHEETOS crumbs, flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
Using electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Beat in egg until combined. Beat in molasses and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture; beat just until blended. Fold in chocolate chunks. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Evenly roll dough into 1 1/2-inch (4 cm) balls; place on parchment paper–lined baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Flatten tops slightly; sprinkle evenly with turbinado sugar.
Bake in batches for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden and crisp around edges and tops are just set. Let cool completely on racks.
- Substitute milk, dark or white chocolate for semi-sweet chocolate if preferred.
- Store in airtight container for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month.